- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13
Clue scrolls is an amazing plugin to use on your factions, survival, prison servers, and more! You can create clues in the config which are used on the scrolls. When a player completes all the clues of a scroll they will automatically receive their rewards which are defined with weights via commands. You can even create command rewards which are given to the player as an item and can be executed by the player upon interaction.
Be sure to check out http://dev.electro2560.com/plugins/ClueScrolls/ for some additional info and screenshots.
- 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12 and 1.13 support
- Highly configurable
- Create your own tiers
- Create your own clues
- Reward system to give items and execute commands
- 48+ clue types
- Full message customization
- Developer scrolls API
- Developer event API
- Vault integration
- Cool downs for scroll purchases
- Customizable inventory
- Purchase scrolls for experience or money
- Cross out completed clues
- Show only one clue at a time
- Specify amount of clues on a scroll with ranges
- Specify rewards with ranges
- Make scrolls glow
- Title bar notifications
- Command tab auto-complete
- Ability to not duplicate clues on a scroll
- Ability to not duplicate rewards given from a scroll
- Tier specific reawrds
- Ability to weight how common a reward is
- Automatically updates files when you download a new version
- WorldGuard, Towny, Votifier, ASkyBlock, ChatReaction, AutoSell, Vault, Boss, and MythicMobs integration.
- Add clues to the tiers via a command.
- Custom inventory sounds
- Brew potion clue
- cut blocks with shears (cobweb, leaves, etc?)
- Broadcast message when a mystery scroll is opened or a regular tier is completed
- debug feature
- crystals to skip over completing a clue
- Sound effects & particle effects for clue completion, opening a mystery scroll, etc.
- Option to randomly place reward items in GUI
- Reset cooldown gem
- Placeholders - Hooks with PlaceholderAPI and allows the ability to show the player how many clues they've completed, the tier
- Riddle clues - Players need to solve a riddle in order to pass the stage, could have it so they need to be standing in a certain spot with specific items equipped or being held.
- Spend Money clue - Requires the player to spend a certain amount of money in the shop
- Region/Towny clue - Player needs to either be in a certain Worldguard region or standing in a specific Towny townAdded in 2.1.8!
- Guaranteed rewards
- Ability to execute command rewards rather than give as an item
- Post any additional ideas in the discussion
Aliases: [cluescroll, cluescrolls]
- /cluescroll - Open inventory
- /cluescroll help - Help
- /cluescroll give - Give a scroll to a player
- /cluescroll giveall - Give a scroll to everyone online
- /cluescroll reload - Reload all config files
- /cluescroll additem - Add an item as a reward
- /cluescroll addcommand - Add a command as a reward
- /cluescroll removereward - Remove a reward
- /cluescroll listrewards - List rewards
- /cluescroll rewardinfo - Display info about a reward
- /cluescroll getreward - Used to get a reward for debug purposes
- /cluescroll resetcooldown - Reset cooldowns of specific identifiers or players. Useful for testing.
- cluescroll.* -- Gives access to all plugin features
- cluescroll.command.* -- Gives access to all commands
- cluescroll.command.help -- Gives access to the /cluescroll help command
- cluescroll.command.reload -- Gives access to the /cluescroll reload command
- cluescroll.command.give -- Gives access to the /cluescroll give command
- cluescroll.command.give.others -- Gives access to the /cluescroll give [PlayerName] command
- cluescroll.command.additem -- Gives access to the /cluescroll additem command
- cluescroll.command.addcommand -- Gives access to the /cluescroll addcommand command
- cluescroll.command.removereward -- Gives access to the /cluescroll removereward command
- cluescroll.command.listrewards -- Gives access to the /cluescroll listrewards command
- cluescroll.command.openinv -- Gives access to the /cluescroll openinv command
- cluescroll.command.rewardinfo -- Gives access to the /cluescroll rewardinfo command
- cluescroll.checkforupdates -- Alerts the player when updates to the plugin are available
- cluescroll.command.giveall -- Gives access to the /cluescroll giveall command
- cluescroll.command.getreward -- Gives access to the /cluescroll getreward command
- cluescrol.command.resetcooldown -- Gives access to the /cluescroll resetcooldown command
Installing Clue Scrolls is easy as can be. Follow the few steps below and you'll be all set.
- Purchase and download the ClueScrolls.jar.
- Upload the ClueScrolls.jar into your plugins folder.
- (Optional) - If you wish to use any features which involves the exchange of money, you will need vault. You can download and follow the instructions found here.
- Start/restart/reload your server. Default configuration files will automatically be generated at this point in your plugins/ClueScrolls/ directory.
- Read about the configuration files, clue creation, and adding rewards found below to configure the plugin exactly to your liking.
- Have fun! Feel free to PM or post to the discussion any issues you experience or recommendations you have for features.
Under the clues section of a tier, you can add and edit your clues.
The clueType must be the name of the clue type. Below this section is a list of all clue types that you can currently use.
The data is optional, and can be used to specify specific requirements that must be meet in order to count towards that clue. If you don't want to specify any data, you don't need to include it in the config. In the list below this section, there is a list for each clue type with the various data types you can specify. Some you specify text, others you specify numbers, and others are material types, entity types, color types, etc which can be found in the links below.
Material - https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/spigot/org/bukkit/Material.html
Entity - https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/spigot/org/bukkit/entity/EntityType.html
Horse Variant - https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/bukkit/org/bukkit/entity/Horse.Variant.html
Horse Style - https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/spigot/org/bukkit/entity/Horse.Style.html
Horse Color - https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/bukkit/org/bukkit/entity/Horse.Color.html
Dye Color - https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/bukkit/org/bukkit/DyeColor.html
Bucket Contents - water, lava, or milk
The amount is simply the amount of times that clue must be completed. You can also use a range such as 10-25.
The lore is what is displayed on the scroll item.
The metadata will be used to specify meta data in the future. At the moment, it can be used on clues which use materials for their data. For example, you could specify a specific wool type or fish type by including the metadata.
The objective and clueName are used in title bar messages when you complete a clue, and if you have only one clue being reveled on a scroll at a time, in a chat message telling the player more information on their next clue.
If there is a certain data you don't want to specify, you can either use the wildcard character to skip over and ignore it, or just don't including it in the config. When using the wildcard character * for either a data or metadata, it should be noted that is must always be surrounded by single quotes to prevent errors when loading the plugin configuration. It is just the way YAML treats the character. You should use it as a value like so '*'.
Internal Clues (data):
- break (material, blockdata, blockx, blocky, blockz, world)
- place (material, blockdata, blockx, blocky, blockz, world)
- craft (material, itemdata, itemname, world)
- eat (material, itemdata, itemname, world)
- enchant (material, itemdata, itemname, world)
- fish (material, itemdata, itemname, world)
- kill (entitytype, entitycustomname, world)
- shear (entitytype, woolcolor [DyeColor string] or wooldata [to specify the data id value of the color], world)
- tame (entitytype, entitycustomname, world)
- walk (world)
- swim (world)
- glide (world)
- ride (vehicletype [an entitytype], world)
- breed (entitytype, entitycustomname, world)
- permission (permission)
- harvest (material, blockdata, world)
- horsejump (variant, color, style, world)
- bucketfill (bucketcontents [water, lava, or milk], world)
- bucketempty (bucketcontents [water, lava, or milk], world)
- worldguard_regionenter (region, world)
- worldguard_regionexit (region, world)
- askyblock_challengecomplete (challengename, rewardtext)
- askyblock_islandcreate (schematicname, protectionsize)
- askyblock_islandreset ()
- askyblock_enterisland (islandowner [player name], protectionsize)
- askyblock_exitisland (islandowner [player name], protectionsize)
- askyblock_joinisland (islandowner [player name], protectionsize)
- askyblock_leaveisland (islandowner [player name], protectionsize)
- askyblock_minishopbuy (material, itemdata)
- askyblock_minishopsell (material, itemdata)
- askyblock_jointeam (teamleader [player name])
- askyblock_leaveteam (teamleader [player name])
- askyblock_warpcreate ()
- askyblock_warpremove ()
- askyblock_visitisland (islandowner (player name), protectionsize)
- towny_townenter (town, world)
- towny_townexit (town, world)
- towny_towncreate (town, world)
- towny_nationenter (nation, world)
- towny_nationexit (nation, world)
- towny_nationcreate (nation, world)
- chatreaction_win (word)
- votifier_vote (service, address)
- autosell_autosell (material, itemdata) Must sell certain amount
- autosell_sellall (material, itemdata) Must sell certain amount
- autosell_signsellall (material, itemdata) Must sell certain amount
- boss_death (entitytype, entitycustomname, bossname, world)
- mythicmobs_death (entitytype, entitycustomname, mythicmobtype, world)
There's two types of rewards: item and command. To add rewards, use the following commands.
/cluescrolls additem [Tier] [Name] [Weight]
/cluescrolls addcommand [Tier] [Name] [Weight] [Command].
Adding an item adds the item in your main hand to the rewards for the given tier.
When adding a command, you can use %player% to represent the player's name.
The higher the weight (can be any number, even above 100), the higher the chance of it being given as a reward.
Official Test Server
demo.cluescrolls.net (Versions 1.8-1.12.2)
Current ClueScroll files on demo: download
Servers Using Clue Scrolls
Want your server featured here? Send me a PM or post in the discussion.
Tutorial coming soon for the two events and ClueScrollsAPI class. If you'd like to figure some things out yourself, the API docs can be found it. It should be fairly straight forward on how to use. http://dev.electro2560.com/plugins/ClueScrolls/api/
Metrics: http://mcstats.org/plugin/ClueScrolls/ (Added since first release)
bStats: https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/ClueScrolls (Less accurate. Added in v1.6.6) bStats is not currently working
- You are not allowed to resell this plugin
- You are not allowed to redistribute this plugin in anyway
- Charge backs are forbidden and will result in a ban of your spigot account
- You may not use this on more than one server/network
- No refunds
- As the author, I am not required to provide updates (Although I always will)
- Terms & Conditions may change at anytime without notice
- Support will only be offered to an account that has purchased
If you have any ideas/features you would like to be added to the plugin, just send me a PM or leave them on the discussion page of this plugin.
If you like this resource, don't forget to leave a review!